Festival in the Park is typically our last show of the year, and the artwork then usually goes in to storage for the winter (until around April). This year, however, we’ve selected one of our favorite local spots to host a few of my display pieces.
Grapes Wine Bar, in Matthews (2233 Matthews Township Parkway), is our chosen partner in this endeavor, and it’s a fantastic place. There are currently seven pieces on display, including the big, 90” “Rainbow over Charlotte”, and the very first print of “Canyon Light”.
I would like to make a few notes…
1) These are my display pieces, so:
– The pieces on the wall are for display only, and not for sale. These have been through several exhibits and show signs of wear. If you order a print, you will get a brand new, perfect, Chris Austin certified metal print. Delivery takes roughly 10 days.
– All of the pieces installed are certified, Chris Austin, premium metal prints. Be aware that the quality of the metal prints from the online store (operated by Fine Art America) does not compare to those on display at Grapes. Certified metal prints are only available from me directly.
2) Framing types – You will see two options for framing:
– Frame to Edge – All pieces, except those on the back wall (the wall with the “Grapes” logo), feature the “Frame to Edge” frame. This frame is available in black (what you’ll see at Grapes) and silver.
– Float Mount – Stands the piece off the wall, giving it a floating look, and is available only on pieces that are 36×24 or smaller (larger pieces must be framed to edge). The float mount is less expensive than frame to edge.
Feel free to stop in, have a glass of wine, and look around. Grapes is a warm, inviting place and the owners, Fabien and Lana, are really good people. I strongly suggest signing up for one of their many wine tasting events.